Our property management service in Ilford
Great rental property management is the key to a successful lettings experience. Our super-efficient managers combine skill and expertise with a proactive approach: they take pride in catching a minor issue before it becomes a major problem.
Oakland Estates’ full management service is designed to give landlords peace of mind. That means you can relax and enjoy your investment while we handle everything from routine maintenance to compliance with the latest lettings legislation.
We’ll be there for your tenants 24/7, we’ll take care of any maintenance and we’ll ensure the rent is paid on time, every time. We’ll also keep a careful eye on your property, issuing six monthly inspection reports, so you can be confident that everything is running smoothly.
Here is a breakdown of what’s included in our Property Management Service:
- Well-designed marketing materials with professional photography.
- Accompanied viewings with feedback and regular updates.
Tenant finding service
- Careful referencing and credit checking, deposit registration and right to rent checks.
- Tenancy agreements signed using a paperless legal process and efficient inventory and check-in processes.
During the tenancy
- Rent collection, rent arrears advice and rent guarantee insurance and carry out regular property inspections.
- We provide a 24-hour emergency service as well as a useful key holding facility. If your tenants want to stay on, we’ll negotiate a tenancy extension.
Admin and finance
- Financial statements on a monthly and yearly basis, plus arrangement of outgoings.
- We are happy to handle overseas landlord tax matters.
Health and safety and compliance
- We’ll organise the required electrical and gas inspections and arrange for an energy performance certificate if needed.
- We can also arrange for smoke and carbon alarms to be fitted or replaced and book in professional cleaners.
Repairs, maintenance and renovation
- Our trusted in-house tradespeople can carry out any repairs and maintenance required.
- For larger projects, we offer access to a list of preferred contractors.
End of tenancy
- Managed check-out procedure with deposit deduction advice.
- We will arrange to serve legal notices if required.
The company with deep rooted local connections
Oakland Estates is proud to be one of the significant family-owned agents in London and Essex. Since the business began back in 1989, we have grown organically, establishing a management portfolio of more than 400 rental properties. We’ve done that without losing the individual touch that sets us aside from our competition. Having worked in this part of the world for over 30 years, we have developed a real understanding of the local community. That means we can deliver the kind of ‘personal experience’ that landlords and tenants really value.
Our property management department in Ilford covers rentals in Barkingside and Redbridge, serving the postcodes IG1, IG2, IG3, IG4, IG5, IG6 and IG7. Our service also extends to Hackney, Havering, Newham and Romford.
A friendly, dedicated property manager
When you ask Oakland Estates to manage your rental property, you’ll be allocated a dedicated personal property manager. The manager will become your main point of contact, responsible for dealing with every aspect of the tenancy. During that time, they will get to know the property, inside and out. Our property managers carry out inspections every six months and following their visit, you will receive a detailed report informing you of any issues.
In the event that maintenance or repairs are needed, we can arrange for the work to be done by our reliable, in-house team of maintenance tradespeople. These are skilled, competitively priced workers who help to keep costs down while keeping the quality of delivery high. That’s in addition to our panel of approved third party contractors, who are available for larger projects.
Secure your income with our rent guarantee policy
At a time when employment is becoming less secure and the cost of living is rising, it’s important for landlords to protect themselves against rent arrears. You should expect years of steady income from a well-managed property, but circumstances can change. That’s why it is advisable to protect yourself from the start.
We are delighted to offer Inspire Pro, a rent insurance policy backed by HomeLet, the UK’s leading referencing portal. The policy covers landlords against rent arrears, paying 100 per cent of the rent due (it will keep paying for 15 months or until you’ve gained vacant possession, whichever comes first). The policy also provides £100,000 worth of legal expenses for evictions where the tenants have breached their tenancy agreement.
Other benefits include:
- Direct checks with the National Fraud Database and HomeLet’s own database to discover whether applicants have defaulted on rent payments or committed fraud.
- Cover for the total monthly rent, no matter how many tenants are listed on the tenancy agreement
- If a tenant defends themselves against an action taken, you’ll receive payments until the challenge has been resolved
- 12 months cover with no excess to pay
At Oakland Estates, we specialise in property management for landlords, so you can rest assured that your rental property is in the best of hands. With flawless service and a flexible, can-do approach, we’ll support you and your tenants every step of the way.
If you’re looking for property management in Ilford or the surrounding areas, why not get in touch for a chat? We’d love to hear your plans and tell you more about our full management service.
Ready to get started?
Discover the market value of your rental property with our free online property valuation service. This is the smartest first step to get the best out of your money for a new property or to check the current market value of your existing investment property.
Are you ready to take on property management services in Ilford or surrounding areas with Oakland Estates? Talk to us about your plans by calling 020 3972 7341. We look forward to hearing from you soon.